Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Haunted by Balls

A couple of weeks ago, I was driving Josh to school, and something small, round and yellow, ahead on the side of the road, caught my eye. As we zoomed past, I noticed it was a ball and it reminded me of one of those small smiley-face squeezie balls. On we drove and I thought no more of it.

Until the next day. I saw another one. In a different place.  As we approached the area where I'd seen the first one, there it was. Pretty much in the same place I had seen it. Not really a big deal, but it had piqued my interest now.

The following day I saw another one, in a third different place. And every day for the last two weeks I've seen at least one. Sometimes in the same place as the day before, sometimes in a totally different place. I don't know if they are new ones, or the same ones moved by wind, rain or cars.

OR IF SOMEONE IS FUCKING WITH MY HEAD!!! (as in some evil troll who is placing them around the various routes I take, just to drive me nuts)

Halswell Junction Road

Because now, as I drive to school, I find myself distracted, looking for them. I've got Josh looking for them and he's been nagging me to stop so he can get one. And still they keep showing up in the most random of places. I've seen them at at least 5 different places - from Selwyn Rd to Aymes Road, which is probably a distance of 10-15 kilometres.

There was one at the Springs/HJR roundabout for a few days in a row, but it's disappeared. Now I'm wondering where it's going to turn up.

The HJR ball (above photo)

This morning, I promised Josh we would stop after school when we saw one and have a closer look. So we did (have you tried manoeuvering in peak traffic on that road??). And we discovered they are actually golf balls. And the black stripe suggests they are from a driving range. But there's no driving range I know of on the route from home to school.

If I see another one on a route other than the home-school drive, I'm gonna freak.


I think I need help.
Shands Road

No comments: